- This restaurant has the best cheesecake in town. However, their staff are quite rude.
2. IN CONTRAST
- Gas prices have gone up this year. In contrast, train prices seem to be going down.
- I was so exhausted that I didn’t want to get up in the morning. Nevertheless, I went to work as usual.
- I don’t think we have serious internet security problems. Nonetheless, I’ll talk to my IT manager about everything during our next meeting.
- I’ve asked you a thousand times not to login to the network from your private computers.. Yet, you keep doing it.
6. ON THE OTHER HAND
- Tim has the best internet plans. On the other hand, it has the worst customer service..
7. BY COMPARISON
- Switching to Lufthansa has its risks. By comparison, staying with Delta would make things very complicated.
8. ON THE CONTRARY
- I don’t hate traveling for work. On the contrary, I love traveling on the company’s dime.
- I didn’t want to take a side in the argument. Instead, I told my employees to work it out by the end of the day.
10. IN ANY CASE
- I was thinking of bringing up the customer complaints in front of the CEO. In any case, I haven’t been invited to the meeting yet.
11. ALL THE SAME
- Yes, he’s very good at organising company events. All the same, I don’t think you should promote him to director of events. .